your participation in Amazon Smiles.
RISE HIGH is a program for Schenectady City youth where participants learn about STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) and other skills to success, in a fun and nurturing environment. Students are exposed to a wide variety of careers in technology. Through hands-on experiential learning we promote problem-solving and critical thinking, while exercising their creativity and providing the support to help them reach their goals.
OUR MISSION Provide sustained exposure to diverse enrichment learning opportunities in STEM to under-resourced youth in our community via comprehensive approaches that address and overcome barriers to academic, personal, and wellness development.
Benefits of Rise High
Rise High’s components
Tell Me More
Fall 2022: 9th, 10th, & 11th graders
Note: Due to the COVID pandemic, the 2020-2022 recruitment cycles for younger graders to start every spring were skipped. Recruitment can be as early as 6th grade. We will keep our community informed of our plans for future recruitment of younger grades. Go to Apply Now! for updates.
Programming is tailored for each independent grade, but we also have some shared sessions. Each cohort (grade) will have 16-20 participants.
- Student from Schenectady City School District or Mohonasen School District
- Resident of Schenectady City
- Be curious and have an interest in STEM subjects with appeal for problem-solving.
- Have limited access to financial, social, mentorship, enrichment opportunities, or academic/professional support resources.
The program is free of charge for the students and their families.
Apply Online or Download application HERE, or ask the counselor at your school.
- Fill out the student application
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation. At least 1 letter should be from a school teacher (science/math preferred). Both letters can be from teachers. Other adults that can recommend (maximum 1) include community program leaders or close family friends.
- Return paper forms at your school office, email application and letters of recommendation to Apply@rise-high.org, or mail paper forms to P. O. Box 4213, Clifton Park, NY 12065.
- If selected, attend student/legal guardian orientation to make sure that we are all on board, and proper signatures are collected to start the fun and learning!
Once you are in the program, and if in good standing, you are automatically enrolled for the following semester/year. We want to see you again for years to come! For existing grades, ongoing recruitment will take place based on availability.
Our current hosting location is The Center for Advanced Technology @ Mohonasen, a few minutes from Schenectady City. Depending on the nature of the sessions we may be at other locations such as Clarkson University Capital Region Campus, as well as special field trips to places of interest.
Transportation is provided, free of charge. Currently, our pick up and drop off routes are limited to 3 key locations in Schenectady City.
Morning snacks and lunch will be provided by Rise High, free of charge.